This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
- Au Revoir Net Communications!! June 6, 2011Thank-you to Marcos Dias for a great semester, it has made me realise just how much we rely on technology and how important it is not just for our own everyday lives, but culturally and socially. Who knows where technology … Continue reading →Isabel Smith
- Piracy Parody June 6, 2011Jack Black’s entirely un-serious take on piracyIsabel Smith
- Piracy, Australia says…yes? June 6, 2011B) Medosch argues that: “piracy, despite being an entirely commercially motivated activity carried out in black or grey markets, fulfills culturally important functions” (Reader, page 318). Perhaps one of the most pressing issues facing the entertainment industry today, piracy is … Continue reading →Isabel Smith
- The Online Popularity Contest June 6, 2011While discussing YouTube, José van Dijck argues that the site’s interface influences the popularity of videos through ranking tactics that promote popular favourites (Reader, page 94). How do ranking tactics impact on the formation online ‘communities’? Van Dijck’s argument is … Continue reading →Isabel Smith
- YouTube: Celebrity within the large or small scale? June 5, 2011Burgess and Green argue that: ordinary people who become celebrities through their own creative efforts “remain within the system of celebrity native to, and controlled by, the mass media” (Reader, page 269). It is argued that YouTube is becoming ‘a … Continue reading →Isabel Smith
- Blogging: The issue of public and private self-indulgence June 5, 2011Lovink (Reader, page 222) also argues that: “No matter how much talk there is of community and mobs, the fact remains that blogs are primarily used as a tool to manage the self”. I would have to agree with Lovink’s … Continue reading →Isabel Smith
- Privacy Issues April 6, 2011Some rights reserved by mikecoghIsabel Smith
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Comment on Sharing (start at 0:26 – stop at 0:39) March 30, 2011Week 5: Analyse critically the following statement by Mark Zuckerberg while comparing it to privacy issues raised by online social networking collaborative practices: Given the sheer volume of Facebook users since it’s creation, which increase by the day, naturally some … Continue reading →Isabel Smith
- Web 2.0 Applications March 22, 2011In Web 2.0 applications, ‘the network is the platform’ where ‘users add value’ and websites ‘get better the more people use them’ (Tim O’Reilly). WordPress can be seen as an example of such an application through the website’s engagement of … Continue reading →Isabel Smith
- Au Revoir Net Communications!! June 6, 2011
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.